Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shu Uemura VS. Revlon Extra Curl Lash Curler Black

This is a blog for people who want to save some dough in these tough economic times, but still want to look fabulous!  I don't know about you, but I love a good find, replacement to what I've been using that still gets the job done well, and a bargain.  I have been in the fashion industry for some time now as a professional model and have picked up a few tips here and there along the way.  I will share tips about saving on everything from make-up to clothing, and even talk about some of my favorite eco-friendly money saving tips and choices, too. 

My favorite eyelash curler is made by Shu Uemura.  I know it's many other's favorite too because we even heard it mentioned in The Devil Wears Prada.  It's a bit pricey at $19, but does do a fabulous job.  It was designed with the beautiful wide Asian eye in mind so it's overall shape is different than many of the other choices out there.  It gets to the root and really curls those lashes.  In a recent trip to Neiman Marcus I noticed they are no longer carrying the brand.  I found a few locations online that have them, but you are looking at $19 + shipping and handling.  Whew!  Rumor has it that L'Oreal (the "now" owner of Shu Uemura Cosmetics) is no longer shipping these to the U.S.  BUMMER!!  I don't know if it's true.  I just heard that from a make up artist last week.  So, now we have to pay INTERNATIONAL shipping.  NO WAY!!  SO with all of this and trying to save some $$'s I found the Revlon Extra Curl Lash Curler Black for $5.99 at Walgreen's.  I LOVE it, it's shape is comparable to the "old one", and find that it does just as good of a job!  It's my new fave I use every day.  AND I saved a bundle too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment